MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECTION (MISS)
Management Information Systems Section (MISS) is responsible for overseeing the implementation of a comprehensive MUHAS-wide computerized information management systems project in order to integrate information and communication technology (ICT) in all its functions.
The section will have the following units
- System Development Unit
- Data Management Center
- Application Support Unit
The currently MUHAS MIS include the
- Student Academic Registration Information System (SARIS),
- Human Capital Management Information Systems (HCMIS),
- Integrated Financial Management Information Systems (EPICOR)
- Library Management Information Systems (LIBMIS) including KOHA, Institutional Repository System (DSpace)
- Dental clinic information system (Dentrix), Dexis X-Ray and Claim Management system
- Online Telephone Directory
- Online Help Desk Systems (eJob Card/ IssueTracker) for ICT and Estates
- Examination Marking System (REMARK)
- Electronic Data Capture and Analysis Systems (RECap)
- Biometric Attendance and Time Monitoring System
- Procurement Management Information System (PMIS)
- Fleet Management Information System
- File Management Information System
- Own cloud – File Sharing and Collaborative Platform
- Develop and maintain broad knowledge of MUHAS’s business and technology requirements and needs.
- Develop and implement standardized MIS procedures across all business applications.
- Design and implement effective management information systems for various data protection systems.
- Create standard procedures to enhance scalability and performance of existing MIS architecture.
- Administer all MIS projects and ensure compliance to quality standards and timelines
- Develop and maintain system plan including operational requirements, budget requirements and schedules.
- Develop, implement and maintain MIS policies, procedures and standards to ensure data accuracy and security, database and MIS.
- Manage all MIS data and ensure appropriate confidentiality of all MIS data Monitor all MIS queries from clients and administrators and assist in effective resolution.
- Collect relevant specifications andrequirements from customer and other departments and provide appropriate solutions to improve performance.
- Plan, implement and manage software and installations upgrades of MIS.
- Supervise installation, migration and upgrade of databases and MIS.
- Maintain business continuity plans including MIS or database and disaster recovery procedures to ensure continuous availability and speedy recovery.
- Identify and resolve database issues related to performance and capacity.
- Perform periodic maintenance and servicing of MIS system to improve operational efficiency.
- Maintain documentations on MIS design, functionality and specification.
- Coordinate all activities between IT, staff and various internal departments and outside agencies as well as vendors for all MIS matters.
- Provide training and support for MIS issues.
- Supervise and motivate MIS team to work collectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate with MIS team to ensure that technology, infrastructure and operational requirements are met.
- Track and monitor security of hardware and software systems.
- Recommend and implement new technology solutions to improve productivity.
- To design and carryout income generation activities