Mandate of the Directorate
The Mandate of the Directorate of Information Communication and Technology is to harness and mainstream information and communication technologies into all the operational and management functions of the University and ensure that new developments in ICT are embraced and used to promote the vision and mission of the University.
- To use ICT to enhance the position of MUHAS as a centre of academic excellence in health.
- To ensure that the University has the right ICT services to run its management and administrative functions.
- To ensure that ICT services are readily available to users in the University with minimal downtime.
- To support academic activities and ensure the best ICT support of the teaching and learning environment.
- To handle all matters related to information and communication technology activities at the University.
Functions of the Directorate
In order to enable the DICT to become a well functioning directorate the following are the main activities:
- Development, management and maintenance of the state-of-the-art network infrastructure
- Provision of fast and reliable internet and e-mail access to the MUHAS community and other partners
- Enhancing ICT skills and applications among staff and students
- Introduction and management of information systems for different University functions and services.
Setting priorities, adequate funding, adequate and well trained personnel are prerequisites for achieving and realizing these functions.